Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Weighloss Journey: The Beginning


I've been busy with a new phase. Ok so that sounds horrible but reality is I know myself. If I try to get all "This is the new me!" I'll be lying through my teeth. The best I can hope for is this is a phase and I sure hope it lasts.

For the last 3 weeks I've been back into South Beach Diet mode (did this in 2010 for 3 months and lost 30 lbs till I got pregnant with baby number 6, then 7, then baby 8- yeah it was a hard year so you can see why I gained all of those 30 lbs back in 2011).

Since baby 8 came (living baby 5), I've lacked the motivation to really get back on track again even though the knowledge of how never left. I had a good thing once and I knew what to do- it's just...well...doing it.

So finally in June I decided to just go. Just do it!

And here I am 3 weeks later and already 18 lbs lighter :woot: But it doesn't end here. I have a LONG road to walk. For those of you that know me I have a good 100 lbs to lose.

So pray with me. It's isn't necessarily harder for a Deaf person to lose weight but in some ways even in weight loss Deaf do have a disadvantage. I can't just run to a church near by and sign up for a free Zumba class. Any organized gym classes in fact would be pretty hard to follow when you can't hear the teachers. So it's entirely up to me. I have to read, research, learn how to use weights over again (high school was a long time ago after all), learn what to eat, etc. Everything all on my own since communication is pretty scarce.

But most of all I just need encouragement I think. Just like anyone else. I think I can therefore I can!

Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment