Monday, October 28, 2013

Going Gluten-Free

Ok so today's post isn't really at all related to deafness (multifaceted remember :).

I'm at a point in my weight-loss journey that I'm noticing the scale not moving. It's actually been stuck for a month and half. I'm ready to tear out my hair and chunk it to the wind but instead I did some research and found out something quite accidentally.

Hypothyroidism.

Sure I've heard of it before but really didn't know what it was. Poking around and found a list of symptoms and was shocked that I have almost all of them! In fact- all the naggy things that have been tormenting me physically for the last say 5 or so YEARS are from that list! And all this time I thought it was a brain tumor or some wacky parasite caught from hanging out with little children or something :)

Since we're insurance-less and will most likely remain so (no thanks to Obama-don't-care), I've taken it into my own hands to try to come up with a homeopathic treatment. Now these steps aren't the true answer (only meds will really clear up hypothyroid symptoms) however I think I can at least give it a run for my money and a little bit of time and effort to TEMPT to feel better.

So today I'm starting my gluten-free and soy-free life. Wish me luck cause I'm going to need all of it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment