Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Weightloss Wednesday: Mountain top reflections

I've found in this journey there are several key moments or Ahha! times were the thickness of the clouds and despair I feel clears away and leaves me standing there realizing I'm on the mountain.

Yesterday I had one of those moments.

It was all so sudden. Driving to the gym and realizing this is dedication. When you get up and go to the gym and ride a bike for 6 miles but never leave the room... even when every muscle in your body is screaming NO!!!!!.... yep- dedication. It's like fire in the bones.

Then it hit me. All those despairing moments, all the frustrations, really are just a cover for the true state of it all. I'm climbing the mountain.

Sometimes it's painfully slow. Sometimes I'm stumbling over rocks and crawling with skinned up knees but I AM climbing that mountain.

Sometimes things look great and sometimes the sun is covered in clouds. But it's ok. Cause I'm climbing on.

The point of weight loss isn't about great leaps and bounds. It's about small and steady change. If I keep up eating the right things, if I keep up exercising even if it's not officially a day in the gym (just a walk around the backyard with the kids works), if I keep tracking calories/carbs/etc, if I keep getting and giving support... then I AM climbing!

This month's weight loss motto for me is from Abraham Lincoln. He once said, "I walk slowly but I never walk backwards."  Amen and Amen.

So I just wanted to say- keep climbing ya'll. It sounds cliche and maybe I'm a little mountain happy from the altitude but for now I'm just enjoying the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment