Monday, September 9, 2013

Deaf History: ASL class Week 1

This week is the start of our Homeschool ASL classes. I've teamed up with my Deaf friend Tamara over at Silent Heart Ministries to assist her in teaching American Sign Language to the homeschool community in north/northwest Charlotte.

I wanted to share as we work together on this project because as anyone who has ever taught a class knows- 99% of the work is done behind the scenes. Teachers hours and hours of prep before they ever step into a classroom.

Tamara has worked on the power points and vocabulary aspects of this class. You can look at her PPTs as well as find sites for practicing online on her blog (here). She will be adding lessons as we go along.

I wanted to share as well my efforts in compiling ASL related games, activities, and history/culture lessons. Hopefully week by week I will add as we go as well.

For today- check out this site on Learning ASL and Deaf History!

And be sure to come back often and check on our progress :)

No comments:

Post a Comment